Friday, September 4, 2009

MOH Hairstyles - Life is Full of Tough Decisions

One of my favorite beauty blogs out there is Glamour's "Girls in the Beauty Department." I just adore Petra and Beth's beauty, fashion and trend observations and how they convey them back to readers.

Recently, Petra featured a post asking how her maid of honor should style her hair for her wedding. I thought to myself, "YES!", I'm having the same discussion about my hair for my sister's wedding. I love the braid idea she included - my attempt to grow out my bangs didn't really go as planned and I'm a couple of inches short, so this could be a great solution. However, I'm not sure my sister (or more importantly, my mother) would go for it (too trendy for her UBER conservative nuptials).

I'm thinking I'll probably go with a side bun style. Maybe a little on the messy side and maybe a sneaky braid in there somewhere. We're going to need to get creative on how to get the bangs secured down so any suggestions on that beast are welcomed!



My last thought that I need to run by the bride is hair flare. I'm really into the idea of some sort of flower or jeweled accessory adorning my bun. After all, I am the MOH (maid of honor), so I feel like I should stand out a little. But the day isn't about me, right?

I'd love to hear about MOH hair ideas, to accessorize or not to accessorize and the POV on braids if you have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment