Friday, July 24, 2009

Product Review: Tarte Clean Slate

I'm shocked that in my 20-some years on this planet that I JUST started wearing primer. When and where did I miss this primer memo?

My first introduction to primer was from Tarte Clean Slate. I decided to give it a go based on it's natural ingredients. My consultant was very knowledgeable on it and she sold me (clearly, I'm a Sephora Sucker - I think that's a new term we are going to need to implement on this blog). When I got home, I did some reading and learned that it has natural fruit and plant derived extracts to treat, protect, soothe and hydrate the skin. Hydrate - key word for me as my skin goes from dry to oily to normal to semi-dry and back again all in a week.

A few weeks ago I decided to do a test - I put primer on half my face and left the other half bare. I applied make-up as usual. Throughout the day I would examine my face, touch it (not a lot) to decipher if there was a difference. To the touch there was a difference, noticeably. The side with primer felt softer and smoother whereas the other side felt a bit dry and rough. I had Lauren and Melissa get up close and personal with my face to see if they could tell a difference and they both nailed which side I had primer on.

Maybe it's the Sephora Sucker in me or maybe it's my lack of experience in primer, but those two "tests" confirmed that I need and love primer.

Any other great primer recos a newbie should know about?


No comments:

Post a Comment